What you can learn from GenNext in 2015.
Jason Kraus, GenNext Education chair
For those who participated in our 2014 educational webinars, thank you. As a reminder the sessions are included in your membership dues, so there is no additional expense — just content focused on helping to improve your knowledge and skills in a variety of topics.
While live participation allows you to ask questions directly of our guest speakers, you also can participate as your schedule permits later by utilizing the hyperlink we publish after each session.
Here is a brief recap of our 2014 events.
- June 2014: “The Power of 1 percent” focused on increasing awareness of the impact of performance improvement in sales revenue, unit volume, cost reduction, as well as how to conduct a breakeven analysis.
- October 2014: “Golden Nuggets” was a great opportunity to learn more than 25 quick areas that we can all improve as presented by Nancy Friedman (www.thetelephonedoctor.com). As an example, remember to smile as you talk on the phone … your listener can tell the difference.
- November 2014: “Four Choices of Leadership” was presented by David Wheatley (www.humanergy.com) to emphasize the leadership impact that we can all impart every day. (Please see the chart above for more information.)
As for what’s in store in 2015? You can mark your calendar today for three webinars.
- From 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST on March 3, Jim Pancero (www.pancero.com) will be providing tips, techniques, and advice on how a younger sales professional can integrate within an experienced team. Jim has been a featured speaker for several other organizations within our industry over the past few years, most recently having presented at the VIPAR Heavy Duty Annual Business Conference. The content will prove valuable if you are a new member of a salesforce or are managing a team and want ideas on how to develop your talent further.
- From 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST on Aug. 11, Pancero will return to the virtual lectern to help develop our sales leadership capabilities. If you are currently in this capacity within your company, or want to achieve this role in the future make sure to attend this event.
- From 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST on Nov. 3, Rick Kempski will be delivering an introduction on the topic of Project Management. Rick has experienced great success as an executive within our industry within Euclid Industries, Meritor, Marmon Highway Technologies, and Triangle Suspension. If you are looking to improve your ability to define, track, and implement a project (regardless of size, budget, or scope), this is the session for you.
Lastly, we are close to finalizing another outstanding speaker for May 2015, but details are not ready at the time of this newsletter’s publishing. As we get closer to each of these events, you will receive an invitation via email to RSVP.
If you have any suggestions for topics or speakers, please contact Jason Kraus at Jason.Kraus@Meritor.com.